Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Simplechat - sessiondependent items

Former Community Member

I'm trying to set sessionDependentItems to true on the SimpleChat history node so the chat is cleared when everybody has left the room.

But when I do theres only a single item in the node which gets updated on new chat messages. No new items are created.

That's not what I expect to happen - am I wrong ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for finding this out. There was a bug on our side in dev console which will be fixed in the next drop that is coming soon.

Now, for the time being what you can do is when you change sessionDependant property, go to DevConsole and then to Explore tab and in NodeConfiguration Panel, click Storage and make sure that the storage scheme is Queue and not anything else. If it's not Queue, select Queue Radio Button and then Ok and you should be fine.

The Storage scheme used to get reset to single item(default) when you change the sessionDependantItems and therefore, you were seeing just one item with value itemID as item.

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Does the dev console also shows that single item in the chat node ? Open a dev console after everyone leaves and session ends and then open the console and check whether the item is still there, and is it the same item always( any details on what the item is will be helpful).

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

When sessionDependentItems is true on the history node there is only one item in the node named "item".

When sessionDependentItems is false there are several items named 0, 1, 2...etc.

The items themselves look the same

Former Community Member

Hi,

We've received another report of the simpleChat history node acting funky

when you change the nodeConfiguration - we'll have a look into this and

hopefully be able to fix it for the next release.

thanks for the report!

nigel

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for finding this out. There was a bug on our side in dev console which will be fixed in the next drop that is coming soon.

Now, for the time being what you can do is when you change sessionDependant property, go to DevConsole and then to Explore tab and in NodeConfiguration Panel, click Storage and make sure that the storage scheme is Queue and not anything else. If it's not Queue, select Queue Radio Button and then Ok and you should be fine.

The Storage scheme used to get reset to single item(default) when you change the sessionDependantItems and therefore, you were seeing just one item with value itemID as item.

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi,

Just a heads up, the issue has been fixed in dev console and the new build is coming very soon.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----