Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

script is automatically run when setting reader extensions

Former Community Member

hello dear forum users...

i have generated a dynamic form with LiveCyle. I used some script for adding instances.

It is working fine with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

But if i want to extend funtions in Adobe reader (so that Adobe Reader users can fill in and save the form) something happens to my form automatically.

The pages which should be dublicated by clicking on a button, are multiplied in the form when opening the form with Reader.

so the form is grown to 37 pages from originally 20 pages.

i am using this code for javascript:

xfa.resolveNode("topmostSubform.Page13.matrixx").instanceManager.addInstance(true);

the same problem with

xfa.resolveNode("topmostSubform.Page13.matrixx").instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Thank you for your advices..

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I just saw something similar to this last week where the form had 4 tables that had the unique table names but the structure and names below the table where exactly the same. This caused issues when the form was Reader Extended. It ended up creating a new instance for wach table that was added. The solution was to name the repeating subforms with unique names.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I just saw something similar to this last week where the form had 4 tables that had the unique table names but the structure and names below the table where exactly the same. This caused issues when the form was Reader Extended. It ended up creating a new instance for wach table that was added. The solution was to name the repeating subforms with unique names.

Paul

Former Community Member

GREAT !!

Thanks very very much..

You are genius !!

The problem is solved. you were right.

I had an date-field on each form page, with the same name.

Changing it, solved the problem.

the next (but unimportant question)... Is it possible, to copy the date from the 1.page to all other pages, without using global date-varibales with the same name...?

Because of name-changing, the user have to fill in the date manually.

something like:

this.rawValue=1st_page_date.rawValue ?

However, thanks for the useful help...

Message was edited by: NuriAlco

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----