Expand my Community achievements bar.

Rawvalue reference Error: Invalid property get operation; dataGroup doesn't have property

Level 1

When I reference a rawvalue of an object that does not exist I get an error.  If the object does not exist i want to hid the form field. Any help with the javascript to do this

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

This seems a little strange, a dataGroup sounds like you are referencing an object in your data connection, not a form object.  A dataGroup object represents a group element, such as a complex type in an XML Schema definition and it does not have a rawValue (with uppercase "V") property.  If you are referencing this object via a resolveNode call then you will get a null result if it does not exist.

Regards

Bruce

Level 5

Hello,

I'm getting a very similar error message upon opening my document:

GeneralError: Operation failed.

XFAObject.Block1:30:XFA:form1[0]:ready

Invalid property get operation; subform doesn't have property 'Block1'

I am unable to find any mention of "Block1" in the "ready" event of form1.  I have re-entered references to all other objects with Block1 in the name, and they seem to be working fine.  Help!

Level 10

Hi,

Should be as simple as looking at line 30 on the "form:ready" event of the form1 element.   Seems like a large script for a form:ready event.

I have,  some time ago, had a corruption in the file when I ended up with two events and Designer only showed me the first one.  Maybe worth using the XML Source view and trying to locate "<event activity="ready" ref="$form" name="event__form_ready">".  There should only be one of them.  The attributes (activity, ref and name) might be in different order, so locating name="event__form_ready" should go though all the form:ready events.

Happy to have a look at your form if you can post a link to it in this thread.

Bruce