Expand my Community achievements bar.

"at least one required field was empty on export"

Former Community Member

I'm new to LiveCycle.  I created a form that has a submit by email button.  Everytime I submit though I get the message "at least one required field was empty on export".  it then highlights every field even if I put in data for that field.  How would I get the form to recognize the required fields have been entered.  Please go slow as I said I am new to LiveCycle

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

It is likely that there is a required field that does not have a value.

It may be that the field is hidden, so that the user does not see it, nor can they input data. However even though the field is invisible/hidden, if it is set to required, then the submit by email will fail.

As you probably know, the required state is set in the Object > Value palette.

Also, it may depend on the version of LC Designer/Acrobat/Reader that you are using. At one stage the manner in which radio buttons were highlighted as being required was indistinguishable from not required. Because of this we sometimes use an asterisk in the caption to manually indicate required fields.

I'd suggest going through the form, looking for fields that are hidden and required.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

As a test, I've submitted a value for a required field but when I submit it still highlights that box. I've uploaded the PDF if anyone wants to take a look.  It's at: oit.nyls.edu/2011_Public_Interest_Summer_Funding.pdf

Level 10

Hi,

On page2 there is a date/time field which is the full height of the page, and without a value area. Therefore it does not appear obvious to the user, however it is mandatory and this is why the submit fails.

Delete "DateTimeField1" on page2 and it should work.

Niall