Expand my Community achievements bar.

Questions on Room State

Level 2

Hey guys,

I got some questions on room state:

1) Does the room state actually take some effect or just an indicating flag? For example, if a room state is ROOM_STATE_ENDED, will it prevent any incoming user connection?

2) I tried to login as a guest, the room setting is HostNotArrived. Then I logged in as an owner. The state was switched to Active. The result seems fine until now. However, when I quit the owner app by closing the brower tab, and checked the quest page, the room state was still in Active, rather than switch back to  HostNotArrived or any other state. Is it an expected result? How can I let the room state update to date if the owner quit in this way?

3) For my scenario, I'd like to build a room only avaiable when owner arrived. That is, if a guest arrived before the owner arrived or after the owner left, he will not be allowed to do anything , even the connection should be rejected. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot!

Jinni

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Jinni,

1) It should prevent any incoming connection other than OWNERs of the room.

2) HostNotArrived happens only before a room has been "kicked off" by the owner, and not afterwards (even if the owner has left the room, it's still fair to say he had "arrived").

3) I'm not sure there's a perfect way to do this yet. We'll be looking into this use case, which feels like you need some "server-to-server" integration : the ability to detect an owner has left, then a way to shut down the room. Does that seem right to you? For now, a quick way of achieving the functionality (if not the security) is to have your clients detect that there's no owner, and disconnect.

hope that helps

nigel

Level 2

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the reply. It's fruitful.

Regarding "the ability to detect an owner has left, then a way to shut down the room. Does that seem right to you?",

yes! that's exactly what I want.

Hopefully we can see this feature avaiable soon.

THanks!

Jinni