Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem with saving forms

Level 1

In my department we are developing forms to use on ipad's. Thse form are developed in Adobe Designer 7.0.9.

After saving the form and opening in Adobe Acrobat, the form can be filled and saved under a different name. The form can be opened  later for futher changes and saved again. So far so good!

When I open the form in acrobat reader, the form can be filled but not saved (only printing). I presume that's the idea behind acrobat reader.

However, we use the forms to use on our ipad's. The app "PDF expert" is used to fill the form and to place signature's. The form can be renamed on the ipad or moved to another folder.

Afterwards the form can be synchronised with dropbox or send by email. When opening the form from the mail or dropbox in Adobe Acrobat it can still be changed, but the form can not de saved with the same name nor  with "saved as". The only way to save the information is to print the file to adobe PDF, but this makes the form non fillable.

Who can help me?

6 Replies

Level 3

It sounds like your form is not reader extended...

To do that, open Acrobat Pro > Open File > File Save as > Reader extended PDF > Enable additional features

That should take care of it

Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your solution but I think I don't have that option (see image)

Printscreen.JPG

Level 3

What version of Acrobat Pro are you using??

Level 1

Met vriendelijke groet

Theo Visser

Op 15 dec. 2011 om 18:22 heeft dbjackie <forums@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

Re: Problem with saving forms

created by dbjackie in LiveCycle Designer - View the full discussion

What version of Acrobat Pro are you using??

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in LiveCycle Designer by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Level 3

try this... 

Launch Adobe Acrobat on your computer

Click the "Advanced" tab from the top menu. 

Select "Enable User Rights in Adobe Reader" from the drop-down menu. The "Enable User Rights in Adobe Reader" dialog box will appear.
  Click "Save Now" to save your PDF file with reader rights in Adobe Reader.

Level 1

It seems that I don't have that option. Do I need to install supplementary software ?

prntscr.JPG