Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Playing back recordings of deleted rooms

Former Community Member

Hi all

I am testing playback of recorded rooms, which is working.  If I delete the room, the playback fails, if I re-create the room, the playback works...  Is this how I should be managing this?

Thinking about it, we will be creating a lot of rooms and maybe i nthis case the FMS Playback might check to see if the webdav folder contains the room file rather than checking if the room exists?

Also, when playing back the videos, is it still possible to control the width and height of the video as for some reason I can not get this to work at all...

Thanks

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Marc,

Yep, this is the joy of beta software =). We are aware of this issue, and

have a fix planned for the release-after-next (which is when we should be

out of beta). For now, you need to keep the room around in order to play

back the recording.

thanks for reporting this - it's always appreciated.

nigel

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Marc,

Yep, this is the joy of beta software =). We are aware of this issue, and

have a fix planned for the release-after-next (which is when we should be

out of beta). For now, you need to keep the room around in order to play

back the recording.

thanks for reporting this - it's always appreciated.

nigel

Level 4

Playback relies on the room to be "permanent", which simply means the room has to remain until you are ready to delete it.

Hmm I guess both approaches ( checking either webDAV or room's existance works )

In the playback I'm using:

<rtc:WebCamera id="myCamera" width="50" height="50" /> and that seems to scale the size ( though I can't get recording to work right now for some reason so I don't knwo if the content will scale haha )

Former Community Member

Thanks Nigel

I thought it might be something like that.  I will just recreate for now which will keep rooms to a minimum.

Forget the question about the video size...  Browser was caching which in turn kept video small

Thanks again.

Marc

Level 4

Nigel,

Are you saying that we'll be able to playback rooms that don't exist on your server ( ie. "permanent rooms" ) and simply rely on what we have stored locally on our webDAV server ?

Alex G.

Former Community Member

I think that is what he is saying Alex...

If you think about what I tested, the model seems pretty right...  Delete the room, it does not delete the file from webdav...  So, when the room is re-created, it will play back original content so looks like they are not storing room historical data, i.e. is there a recording, how long etc....

I think it is an great solution to be able to remove completed rooms and FMS pick the old room up from webdav on the fly.  Seems the most logical option.

Nigel, I don't suppose there is any solution of sending the recording to Amazon S3 or other cloud resources rather than the webdav folder?  I think, for those with thousands of recordings, storage could become an issue...  I have looked at the possibility of mapping my box to the S3 bucket but then I am reteiving it to send it to you every time a file is requested which could cause bandwidth issues...

Maybe integrating some sort of API where when setting up the recording, we provide specifics (i.e. an authentication token), to allow the file to be placed there?  Or maybe a slightly different approach would be to provide a cloud front url for picking up the files and the transfer could go on behind the scenes....  Also with the cloud front, distribution would be much quicker as the files could end up closer to the location of the FMS which in turn would create a richer experience with less waiting...

Anyway, maybe you can advise.

Thanks for your time.

Marc

Former Community Member

Hi Alex, Marc,

Yes, eventually the idea is that each recording will have an entry in the

dev portal, just like a room does today. You'll be able to manage quotas by

placing them under applications, etc. You'll also be able to use external

authentication to gate access to the recordings, if you want.

nigel

Level 4

Nigel, both of those capabilities would be awesome to have   Thanks!

Alex G.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----