Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Overflow leader not working

Level 1

Hi,

I'm working on a form to document each time a patient is seen for physical therapy.

The form has a few subforms on which users can enter data.

1) sfmAnnualGoal (what the patient wants to accomplish by the end of the year). This only needs to be displayed at the top of the first page.

2) sfmSTO (Short Term Objectives are the specific things we work on each session). Ideally, this will be the overflow leader and will be the first thing displayed at the top of all subsequent pages after the first page.

3) sfmReport (this is where the user documents what the patient did during each session). The user can add a new row to the subform to create documentation for a new date.

I've read through the LiveCycle Designer documentation and numerous forum posts that relate to overflow leaders, but I can't get the sfmSTO to be displayed at the top of the second (or later) page.

The overall ContentPage is set to "Flowed".

The subform I want to act as the overflow leader (sfmSTO) is set to "Positioned" and "Repeat Subform for each data item" is checked.

sfmReport is set to "Flowed" so that it can go onto the second page of the document if needed. Under Pagination, I have identified "sfmSTO" as the Overflow Leader.

Although the LiveCycle documentation indicates that it should work with those settings, it does not.

I've tried numerous combinations of adjusting other settings in the "Subform" and "Pagination" tabs, but none of them work.

If anyone has ideas for me, I'd be very grateful!

The form can be found here: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=0gidFC-w0UOWZSCWDZZ21Q

Thanks,

Ray

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ray,

I don't think you can have overflow leaders like that for a table.  I tried changing your form as a repeating subform which has the overflow leader working, but the overflow leader has to be positioned layout so can't contain a table (or a repeating subform).

Here's a link to my efforts, https://sites.google.com/site/livecycledesignercookbooks/Goalsheet1.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

I think you might need to have stmReport under the stmSTO subform if you need them groups that way.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ray,

I don't think you can have overflow leaders like that for a table.  I tried changing your form as a repeating subform which has the overflow leader working, but the overflow leader has to be positioned layout so can't contain a table (or a repeating subform).

Here's a link to my efforts, https://sites.google.com/site/livecycledesignercookbooks/Goalsheet1.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

I think you might need to have stmReport under the stmSTO subform if you need them groups that way.

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Thanks very much for working on it, Bruce!

I didn't know that if you have a table in a subform, you can't use that subform as an overflow leader.

Your form makes the overflow leader work correctly!

I see how you turned the 2 tables (STO and Report) into subforms that contain a header row and a data row. I have a couple of followup questions if you don't mind.

- In sfmSto, the user will always have at least 2 goals they are working on. In my original form, I was able to specify a Min Count of 2 for sfmSTO/tblSTO/Row1/Binding [I haven't really seen anyone else identify LiveCycle structure that way, but I assume you understand what I mean]. In your form, the option to set a minimum count is greyed out. I can't add an additional row to sfmSTO because of the following...

- The "Add" button works for sfmReport, but not for sfmSTO. In addition, the delete buttons don't work for sfmSTO or sfmReport. Does the form structure that you used somehow change how Javascript would run on the form?

- You made a comment that: "I think you might need to have sfmReport under the sfmSTO subform if you need them grouped that way."

The structure of your form appears to have sfmSTO under sfmReport. Are you suggesting that I should move the subforms around in your form, or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this!

Ray

Level 10

Hi Ray,

The thing about having sfmSTO being positioned layout (because it is a leader subform) means that you can't add or remove rows within it, which is why the option is greyed out and the add/remove buttons are not working.

The delete button for the sfmReport should be working ... seems to work here.

My suggestion about moving sfmSTO under sfmReport is something I haven't tried but I think that will be the way you will need to go.

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

You are correct that the delete button for sfmReport does work. Operator error on my end!

Unfortunately, because the user has to have the potential to add more instances to sfmSTO, I guess I can't use it as a "Positioned" subform. I tried moving the subforms around, but that didn't work. I may try messing around with multiple Master Pages, but if I need assistance, that will be another question.

I'm going to mark your first response as the Correct Answer because it made the overflow leader work. Thank you very much for the help!

Ray