Expand my Community achievements bar.

Outlook authentication on form submit

Former Community Member

OK, here is an interesting question that I have recently run into after creating some forms for my company. We are using Outlook 2003 on an Exchange server and when a form is submitted from a user's Exchange profile the forms work perfectly. If, however the user who is logged into thier profile logs into a different Exchange profile (for example a group mailbox that the form is automatically sent to) and try to reply using a submit button on the form, they are prompted for the username and password for the mailbox they are in. When they type in the user/pass for that box, it just keeps on reprompting for the user/pass and the form doesn't send. Presumibly because they are logged into the machine and then log into the Exchange profile that doesn't match their user/pass for the machine. The rub is that they can send any other message from the mailbox, just not when they click on the submit button from a form. These forms are created with LiveCycle Designer ES. Is there any way to make the submit buttons in my forms bypass or authenticate on submit?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The access to the outlook system is done through an api call. My guess is that there is security placed on those calls from Outlook that will not allow you to send an email from another mailbox than the one you are in.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply Paul. Do you know which call it uses or needs? I am actually logging in to the profile (i.e. mapping the exchange profile and logging in with user/pass), but I am already authenticated on my PC with my user/pass. Also, I am able to send all other messages from the profile other than using the submit button on the form. I can even attach the form to a message and send it, it just won't do it with the submit button.

Former Community Member

All of those tests do not use the programmatic API. I do not know which specific call is made. The PDF is launched in the native Windows session and I would bet that the default profile is being used (but I do not know for certain).

Paul