Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Nested dynamic subforms

Level 2

Is it possible to have a nested dynamic subform?

What I am doing is creating a from that will have a dynamic table that will  be duplicated by the user as needed. However within each dynamic table I am  hoping to have dynamic sections as well. Is this possible or do I need to  re-plan my form?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In your script you have dynamic._"maintable".addInstance(1);

You just need to remove the quotes from around maintable.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Former Community Member

It is possible but the coding can get very tedious. Make sure you name every subform and create a good structure (flowed from the root, then positioned for each subform, then flowed for the repeating sections).

Paul

Level 2

Do you have an example of the coding for this? Or is it just using the following code like you normally would:

// Invoke the Instance Manager to add one instance of the "Subform Name" subform.

"parent subform name"._"Subform Name".addInstance(1);

//Invoke the recalculate method to include the field values from the added row in calculations.
xfa.form.recalculate(1);

Former Community Member

Thats it ...but the parent subform can have an occurance number if this subform is embedded in a recurring subform ...so it is like this:

"parent subform name"[instance number]._"Subform Name".addInstance(1);

Paul

Level 2

Thanks for that!

One quick question. Can I add a dynamic section with a button that resides in the section I am trying to add dynamically? See attached form.

In the bottom left of the table I have a add button for the table but it' isn't working and I can't figure out why. any help would be appreciated.

Level 2

Just bumping this thread to seeif my question gets answered.

Former Community Member

Your form is queued and cannot be retrieved ..can you try attaching it again?

Paul

Level 2

Bumping still need an answer if I can.

Correct answer by
Level 10

In your script you have dynamic._"maintable".addInstance(1);

You just need to remove the quotes from around maintable.