Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Limiting choice in imagefield

Former Community Member

Hello, I´m new to Livecycle Designer and I´m stuck with the following problem:

Our form is finished; it contains several imagefields. The users should be able to change graphics in the form, but they mustn´t be able to use any image they like. How do I limit the number of choices they have?

The form will either be put on the harddisk server in our firm or it will be put onto the internet.

What´s the easiest way?

Thanks in advance, Christiane

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Christiane,

AFAIK, you can't limit the imagefield in that way. When the user clicks the imagefield, Acrobat/Reader opens a file browser and from there the user can browse to and select any image they want.

There is a script solution on the forums to limit the size of the image, but that is about all you can do.

Good luck,

Niall 

Former Community Member

Hello Niall,

do you think there is a way to navigate our users to a specific folder they can pick the images from?

Or maybe we could have some kind of database on a web server?

Level 10

Hi,

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to set up a data connection to a database.

Have a look at Stefan Cameron's blog here: http://forms.stefcameron.com/ and also do a Google search on this forum for imagefields, as I know that this has been discussed before. You will need to convert the images to Base 64 format for the image field.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall, that must be the way to do it.

I´ll see what I can find out about the Base 64 format, right now it sounds a bit complicated to me...

Hope I can solve it. Greetings to you.

Maybe there is someone who has set up such a database and would explain the first steps to me?