Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Java code for current date plus 30 days

Former Community Member

I've searched this forum and google to see if I could get something to work with negative results. I created a form on Livecycle 8.2 and I'm trying to set a due date 30 days from todays date. When the form is opened I have the current date and time, read only, displayed so I would also like the due date to automatically show. I know nothing about Java and what I've used so far I've been able to copy and paste to my form. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

It has been over-complicated. All you need is:

$ = Num2Date(date() + 30, "MM/DD/YYYY")

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 7

You use the Date2Num and Num2Date functions to do this. You turn the first date into a number using Date2Num then add 30 to it and turn it back into a date using Num2Date.

Former Community Member

Hmmm. I've seen these in my searching but have no idea what to do with them. Thanks.

Level 5

Drag date field  and select layout ready event and language - formcalc and keep below script that would help you.

$.rawValue= num2date(date2num(num2date(date(), DateFmt(3)))+30)

Vjay

Former Community Member

Thanks. It worked but what would I do to display the date as MM/DD/YYYY and make it read only?

Former Community Member

I have the read only part worked out and have been playing with the format but can't get it to display how I want it.

Level 5

$.rawValue= num2date(date2num(num2date(date(), "MM/DD/YYYY"))+30)

Check this it might work.

Vjay

Former Community Member

I actually tried this earlier this morning and it returns the date "Jan 30, 1900".

Correct answer by
Level 7

It has been over-complicated. All you need is:

$ = Num2Date(date() + 30, "MM/DD/YYYY")

Former Community Member

Exactly what I needed and it works perfectly! Thank you soooo much!

Level 2

I need this but in Java not FormCalc. Using the tools actionbuilder converts everything to java and nullifies FormCalc....blah