Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Issues with forms created with LC Designer 7.1, Adobe Reader 10.1 and Windows 7

Former Community Member

Hi,

I've got an application running on Flex 3.5 and some xdp created with LC Designer 7.1.

CONTEXT

The application has to run both in Windows XP and Windows 7. 

It allows the user to submit an order and display/print the order confirmation.

The order confirmation is a pdf generated through a xdp created with LC Designer 7.1 (and some data binding through a xml file).

Some pdf need to display japanese fonts, others not (let's call them jpPDF and usPDF).

Both XP and 7 environments have the japanese fonts installed.

USING XP

When using an XP environnement, there's no problems creating and displaying the pdf, both jpPDF and usPDF. Everything works fine and as expected. 

USING 7

When using a windows 7 environnement, I have different issues depending on the generated pdf:

jpPDF: Adobe Reader tells me I don't have the fonts installed. When I accept to install the fonts, nothing happens and the pdf appears completely empty.

usPDF: Adobe Reader tells me the pdf created is not compatible with the current version of Adobe Reader so I need to upgrade. But I have the last release available...

Have any of you encoutered similar issues? Is there really something wrong between LC Designer 7.1 and Windows 7?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Regards,

BS_C31

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I've had trouble with the on-demand installation of language packs, which I have put down to something on our corporate gateway.  Seems to work fine if I download them manually, I think there are five, this is the Japanese one, http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4881.

I haven't come across any problems using Windows 7 though.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I've had trouble with the on-demand installation of language packs, which I have put down to something on our corporate gateway.  Seems to work fine if I download them manually, I think there are five, this is the Japanese one, http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4881.

I haven't come across any problems using Windows 7 though.

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the tip.

In the meantinme, I downgraded to Adobe Reader 9.5 and everything worked fine.

I'm gonna try to install the fonts manually to see if it works with Adobe Reader 10.1.