If Bank acct # removes, then Routing # should be cleared

Level 8

Hello

I have following objects on my_form,

- Bank account # - text field

- Routing # - text field

- Bank acct - CHECK box

- Credit card - CHECK box

- Method of goods issue - DROP DOWN, the 3 values wil be 1) By FedEx, 2) In person store visit, 3) None

When user opens the my_form, BANK account #  is pre-populated / defaulted, fine.

If user erases/removes the Bank account #, then, IMMEDIATELY following should happen,

Clearing of Routing #

Clearing of Bank acct CHECK box

Checking of Credit card CHECK box

Populating the "In person store visit" in the drop down (initially, it was FedEx)

I am trying to write my code in CHANGE event, of Bank account # field, but, not working!

Pls. let me know Java script for it

8 Replies

Former Community Member

if (BankAccount#.rawValue == "" || bankAccount#.rawValue == null){

Routing#.rawValue = "";

BankAcct CheckBox.rawValue = off value;

CreditCard CheckBox.rawvalue = off value;

DDList.rawValue = "In person store visit value";

}

I woudl put this code on the exit event of the Bank Account field.

Paul

Level 8

Thank you.

Oh, EXIT event? okay. In this case, user has to CLICK to trigger my Java Script right? pk, i will talk to my Manager, whether he is okay for the EXIT event.

Dont we have any chance for CHANGE event (i mean, as soon as user CHANGES value, my requirement should triggered IMMEDIATELY) if so, pls. let me know Java Script for CHANGE event

Thank tyoui

Former Community Member

The exit event will fire once they complete the changes and leave the field. The chage event will fire for each char they type in the field .....so if they highlight what is in there and delete it (the chnage event fires) they want to enter Paul in the field. They type P the change event fires, they type A the change event fires. AS you can see your code will be called numerous times as opposed to once on the exit event ...when they have indicated that they are finished with the field.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 8

Thank you, got it.

Last question, to trigge the EXIT event, user to CLICK some where on the form right? just curious, i mean, form expects atleast one CLICK to trigger the EXIT even?

Thank you    

Former Community Member

You would have to click in the field , then leave the field and the leaving of the field triggers the exit event.

Paul

Level 8

Thank you, got it.

But, i dont know why its not triggering in my case..........its triggering

ONLY if i do CLICK anywhere in the form, at that moment, its triggering!

(while designing the objects, i manipulated the adobe proposed sizes, like i

shorten the height, i shorten the caption reserve, i make overlap the RED

lines of each coexists fields), by chance, do u know why my EXIT event its

not working as LEAVing the field? i need to CLICK

Thank you

Former Community Member

I woudl need to see the form in action. Can you send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com . Include a description of the issue in the email.

paul