Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to interact xfa attribute with javaScript

Level 2

I want to change text with bold font in javaScript. How can I update <p> with required attribute in javaScript?

<draw x="9.525mm" y="69.85mm" minH="5.08mm">

<font typeface="Verdana" size="9pt"/>

<value>

<exData contentType="text/html">

<body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/"><p style="text-decoration:none;letter-spacing:0in">Kredia do te perdoret nga<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span><span style="font-weight:bold">Kredimarresi<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></span>per</p></body>

</exData>

</value>

<ui>

<textEdit/>

</ui>

<margin leftInset="0.5mm" rightInset="0.5mm" topInset="0.5mm" bottomInset="0.5mm"/>

<para vAlign="middle"/>

</draw>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can make some simple changes using span objects, so;

var spans = [];

spans.push({text:"Kredia do te perdoret nga "});

spans.push({text:"Kredimarresi", fontWeight:700});

spans.push({text:" per"});

var xHTML = util.spansToXML(spans);

Text1.value.exData.loadXML(xHTML, false, true);

Would give you something similar to your sample.

There are some other examples Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: xmlToSpans but if you want to use one of the attributes that the span object does not support you could try using E4X (a XML extension for JavaScript) and there's a sample of that Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Adding values in a form to an email

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

I am not sure I understand the question. You want to update the <p> tag throughout the document similar to the way you would change CSS?

Level 2

Almost right that way. I want to change <p> content and style through form JavaScript. Is it possible?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can make some simple changes using span objects, so;

var spans = [];

spans.push({text:"Kredia do te perdoret nga "});

spans.push({text:"Kredimarresi", fontWeight:700});

spans.push({text:" per"});

var xHTML = util.spansToXML(spans);

Text1.value.exData.loadXML(xHTML, false, true);

Would give you something similar to your sample.

There are some other examples Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: xmlToSpans but if you want to use one of the attributes that the span object does not support you could try using E4X (a XML extension for JavaScript) and there's a sample of that Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Adding values in a form to an email

Regards

Bruce