Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

How to avoid possible issues with Guest Login

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have one room which has support for guest login and is basically just a lobby room. People can meet in lobby room and other room will be created for them. The potential issue which comes to mind is that someone can just spam new guests to a lobby room and thus it will create additional payload on my lccs account(I will needto pay for this spam).  Are there any guidelines how to avoid this? Should I use my own system for the lobby room?

Best Regards, Aleksey

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Aleksey,

When you say "spam", do you mean adding more users to the room (The answer

to this is usually external authentication to restrict it)? The other thing

I'm guessing you might mean is the idea that you've introduced a messaging

node to the room (for introducing users to one another, for example), and

you want to avoid users being able to re-purpose it for their own messaging?

I'll answer more deeply once I've got an idea which you're looking to

defend against.

nigel

Former Community Member

Hi,

>> When you say "spam", do you mean adding more users to the room (The answer to this is usually external authentication to restrict it)?

Yes, I mean adding more users to the room(and thus adding nodes to knockingQueue). In my case however I can't use external authentification. Any other suggesstions?

Best Regards, Aleksey

Former Community Member

Hmm - I would really suggest the use of external auth; it's the

mechanism for handling the situation you mention. Why can't you use it?

nigel

Employee

If you want "guests" to enter without a password there isn't much I can think of.

Maybe you can add a "captcha" to your main screen, that would dissuade at least the most laziest spammers