Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do I link Live Cycle Designer to Excel?

Level 1

I was wondering how to link my Live Cycle Designer to Excel, so that the user will input the information into the PDF, and excel will be my database.  Let me know if you need more information on what I am trying to accomplish.  Thanks!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You can export data from an interactive PDF as .xml which can be imported into Excel.

Designer has an exportData method that can be attached to an event such as a button click.

// form1.page1.exportBtn::click - (JavaScript, client)

xfa.host.exportData("",0);

Steve

Level 1

Is there a way to export it directly to excel?

Former Community Member

If Excel is using an OLEDB-compatible data store you could use an OLEDB data connection from a form to insert data into the database.

If Excel is not sitting on a database you may be able to use scripting tools (such as Windows Script Host objects) and Excel automation features to read and import the XML exported from the PDF.

I have seen Acrobat automation scripts used in the past but I am not sure if the current Acrobat security model allows such functions.

Steve