Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I change the caption of a text field using data?

Level 3

Hi, I've read that this is possible to do but when you have an xsd file, I'm using a preview xml data file, so there is no way to link them together, any ideas?.

Thanks!.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

1) In Designer, Tools>Options

2) Select Data Binding in the left pane and make sure Show Dynamic Properties is checked

3) Select the field that you want the caption to be driven by XML

4) In the Object palette under the Field tab you'll notice Caption is now green and underlined, click it.

5) If your form is bound to a schema you can see the hierachy when you press the button beside the binding entry field or in your case to access the Caption attribute in your XML type> $.textField1.Caption

Assuming '$' is your root node.

Kyle

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Texfield1.caption.value.text.value = "Value here!";

Level 3

No, I mean, what do I place in the xml file, right now I have something like:

<textField1>123</textField1>

123 is always the value, not the caption.

I've tried doing <textField1 Caption="TEST">123</textField1> but didn't work, no errors, but no result either.

Correct answer by
Level 8

1) In Designer, Tools>Options

2) Select Data Binding in the left pane and make sure Show Dynamic Properties is checked

3) Select the field that you want the caption to be driven by XML

4) In the Object palette under the Field tab you'll notice Caption is now green and underlined, click it.

5) If your form is bound to a schema you can see the hierachy when you press the button beside the binding entry field or in your case to access the Caption attribute in your XML type> $.textField1.Caption

Assuming '$' is your root node.

Kyle