Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hidden repeating subform within repeating subform

Level 2

I have a hidden repeating subform (Subform2) nested within a repeating subform (Subform1). 

I have set Subform2 as Presence Hidden. I have a radio button in Subform1 that makes Subform2 visible (which works fine).  When I try to add a second instance of Subform2 it does not appear.

I have tested the exact same form except that I set Subform2 Presence Visible.  When I test this form I can add and delete as many instances that I want.

Anyone have a clue on what I am missing?

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Finally I could make it work......I do not remember all the code changes I made so here is the updated template. But I am running on Designer 8 noticed you are running on 8.2, I do not know what else get effected. But you can compare them side by side and transfer changes from my copy. Hopefully not too much of pain.....:)

Good Luck,

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

I suspect you need to set "Auto-fit" option for Subform height so it can expand....Also I would use "xfa.layout.relayou()" at the end of the code execution that adds new subform in side other. Which will force screen to repaint with all visible items at that time.

If that do not work attach your template sample I will try to fix it.

Level 2

Auto fit is on.  xfa.layout.relayout()  did not solve the problem either.

Here is the form.  The Subform that is having the problem is labeled DataSet.

If it is initially set to hidden the Subform DataSet will not repeat.

If it is initially set to visible the Subform DataSet works the way I want it to.

Thanks for your assistance.

Carol

Correct answer by
Level 6

Finally I could make it work......I do not remember all the code changes I made so here is the updated template. But I am running on Designer 8 noticed you are running on 8.2, I do not know what else get effected. But you can compare them side by side and transfer changes from my copy. Hopefully not too much of pain.....:)

Good Luck,

Level 2

Wow!  It works.  I would not have been able to do this on my own.

Thanks