Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Form will not go to or create a third page

Level 1

I have created a form (with sub-forms on top of sub-forms).  They all seem to expand and go onto the second page but it will not create a third page when it reaches that point.  Nor can I add yet another subform on a third page.   I cannot seem to figure this out after working with it for several hours and reading more posts than I could ever imagine on how to do it.  They all recommend I set it the way I have it but it still won't flow.    The forms tree begins with a page 1 untitled form which is a flowed form.  From there I am using a combination of postioned and flowed forms but they will not go onto a third page no matter what I try to do.

Ps Sorry for the cross post but I posted in the wrong discussion and could not find how to move it.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You probably don't have to start from scratch you might just need to rearrange things a bit. But without seeing what you're working on it's tought to say.

I tend to wrap most of my forms in one flowed subform and then add flowed and positioned subforms as needed. Positioned subforms will then move with the flow and flowed subforms will be able to expand. Positioned subforms can be placed in flowed subforms (good for keeping things in place).

There's a good video tutorial here: http://asib.na4.acrobat.com/p37533907/ and the tutorials that come with Designer are pretty good.

Can you post your form online at acrobat.com or some other site?

Message was edited by: Jono Moore - edited to fix tutorial link, the youtube version was just a clip.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

The problem was the structure includes positioned and flowed subforms nested in alternating groups.  Once I move the flowed forms out of the positioned forms it appears to work correctly.  Proble is I cannot get my data to line up.  I am at my wits end with this product having spent two full workdays on a relatively simple form knwoing that I will now have to start from scratch again.  Thank you Adobe but no Thank You.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You probably don't have to start from scratch you might just need to rearrange things a bit. But without seeing what you're working on it's tought to say.

I tend to wrap most of my forms in one flowed subform and then add flowed and positioned subforms as needed. Positioned subforms will then move with the flow and flowed subforms will be able to expand. Positioned subforms can be placed in flowed subforms (good for keeping things in place).

There's a good video tutorial here: http://asib.na4.acrobat.com/p37533907/ and the tutorials that come with Designer are pretty good.

Can you post your form online at acrobat.com or some other site?

Message was edited by: Jono Moore - edited to fix tutorial link, the youtube version was just a clip.

Level 1

I actually got it squared away.  This program is not terribly user friendly but very powerful.  I had nested forms and somewhere along the way I nested a flowed form inside of a positioned form thus no page breaking.  Thank you very much for your help.