Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fields not highlighting

Level 2

I created a form in AdobeLivecycle Designer ES 8.1. Now on bottom of this form there is a print, save and clear button, when the print or save button is click a validation that i have written on the click event of the button runs. NOTE (I HAVE NOT USED user required on the fields). This validation checks if certain fields have been selected or has information in them. If the validation returns false a message is displayed to tell the user to enter the required information, the field highlighted and the save or print action cancelled. Now this works fine when tested in the livecycle and the full adobe acrobat professional 8 environment; however when it is tested on a machine that only has the adobe reader the message is displayed but the fields are not highlighted. I have enabled the form for usage in Adobe Reader and it still doesnt highlight the form?

Below is the code used to do this:

if (form1.txtpartallottaddr2.rawValue == null)
            {
                xfa.resolveNode(" form1.#subform[3].txtpartallottaddr2.ui.#textEdit.border.edge").stroke = "lowered";
                xfa.resolveNode(" form1.#subform[3].txtpartallottaddr2.ui.#textEdit.border.fill.color").value = "253,128,128";
                status = 0;
            }

Remember this works fine in the adobe acrobat environment (full version installed) but in an environment when there is only adobe reader this does not trigger. Can someone kindly assist me ad I have a deadline to meet to solve this issue?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I tried it on my installation and it worked fine. I did find that if you had the field highlighting feature on in Reader or Acrobat then it appeared that it did not work. My guess is that is being set after the color change that you make. To ensure that this is not on add this command to the beginning of your script:

app.runtimeHighlight = false;

If this works, then you shoudl set the above command when the form loads instead of when your script runs.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks much your solution helped.