Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Extracting pages from form

Level 2

I have a multiple page form (4 forms built into one)  that once I try to extract a single part I loose all of the from filling capabilities. Is there a way to keep that when you extract a page. Also along the same line- is there a way to extract a pre set single page (usable) with the print button?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Extracting pages from a form and keeping them interactive (usable) is not doable because of cross page dependancies and reliance on root subform containers.

I assume you are doing this after the form is filled in. If the form is an XFA form then you coudl extract the data, manipulate the base form to pull out a blank page, then remerge the data back onto the form (single page). This would involve lots of code (not javascript in the PDF) - XML manipulation.  If you are not code savvy then I woudl not even attempt it.

Paul

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Level 2

Yes, let me know if you get it this time...

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Level 10

No. Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Jasmin

Level 10

You don't have an object called Page4.

In the hierarchy rename the (untitled Subform) (page 4) to Page4 and the script will work.

You can confirm that the object is valid by typing "Page4." and you'll get the object browser to shoe the properties of the object.

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi Jasmin,

Just a few more questions, I can't get rid of the "Distribute Form" field ( the purple box at the top) in the PDF is there a way to remove this?

Also I have the hidden page showing up on opening the file without using the password after a save... is there a way to keep it hidden until the password is applied?

Thank you,

Robin

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----