Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Exporting form data to a single table

Level 1

I have created a form in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2  and simply want to export the data into a single table that I can then import into Access. It appears that in LiveCycle the row elements of a table are children of the table element and the column elements are children of the row elements.  I am wondering if there is an easy way to design a form in LiveCycle so that each cell of a table is a root element like the rest of the fields in the form.  I basically want to export one row of data from each form and append it to a larger table. Exporting the data as csv or tab-delimited would be sufficient, but neither of these appears to be an option.

3 Replies

Level 1

I'm looking for a way to do this also.  If you find the answer anywhere else, could you please share it wi

th me?

Level 7

The only way I've found to do this is to open the form in Acrobat, click Forms, mouse over Manage Form Data, then click Export Data. Your only options are to save as .xml or .xdp. I saved my data as .xml. I was then able to import the .xml file into excel by clicking Data, mousing over xml, clicking Import... and browsing to the Acrobat generated .xml file. I know this is convoluted but it's the only way I've found to get the data into a spreadsheet. Acrobat exports the data as filename_data.xml, i.e. a form named contacts will export it's data as contacts_data.xml. Be aware, I've only tested this on a form that had a table in it and nothing else. If your table is part of a form with other fields in it I have no idea how the other data will look after exporting.

Level 1

Thanks.  This was helpful.  The only problem is that in this instance I wanted to have all my data import into the spreadsheet in one row.  I think I've found a solution to my problem though.

I decided to export my data from Acrobat using

Forms>Manage Form Data>Merge Data Files Into Spreadsheet

Then Excel exports the data into a single row, and if you want to import data from multiple forms each form will have its own row.  The only problem with this method is that I had to change all of my column headings since this procedure adds the name of the form and any subforms to the name of the field. So it is a little labor intensive at the front end.  Once that was done though, I could import everything into Access as a text file with no problem.