Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error: "Unrecognized namespace XFA 3.0, defaulting to XFA 2.8"

Former Community Member

Hi,

I receive this message when I am working in LiveCycle Designer ES3 and I go to the "Preview PDF" section.  I also receive it when I close LiveCycle and open my form in Adobe Reader.  I click "OK" to close the error pop-up box, but it just keeps popping up and I am unable to do anything.

I am running Windows XP and I have Adobe Reader X.  

Thank you.

As an aside, I had to upgrade from ES2 to ES3 and subsequently lost much compatibility in my form creation.  Now I have to re-create my forms from scratch.  Good job, Adobe.  Thank you for fixing something that wasn't broken. 

3 Replies

Employee

What is the target version that you have chosen in LiveCycle Designer when saving pdf?

You can see the target version from File > Properties > Default > Choose target version. If your viewer version is Reader X or above you can choose target version as 10.0 or later.

--Santosh

Former Community Member

Thank you for your reply.  I did not get a chance to try out your suggestion, however I do believe it may be correct.  My Adobe Reader is version 10, but my Adobe Pro was only version 9.0.  Installing the 9.1 patch fixed the issue.  Thanks again.

Level 1

In design view, right click on Preview PDF > form properties> Default and select 9.0 and later...