Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error :Could not get Policy Id - Internal Server Error (Error Code Bin 1032)

Level 2

Hi,

I'm new to Rights Management. I'm trying to create a process in workbench for Rights Management. For the Service RightsManagement Service, for Protect Document Service Operation in the process, I 'm getting this error - Error :Could not get Policy Id - Internal Server Error (Error Code Bin 1032)

I have created a Policy Id variable  (string) and hard-coded a Policy ID value (correct value which I got from Right Management Module when I created the Policy).

Why I'm getting this error for Policy Id ? What is that I need to do?

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhya

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Sandhya

The PolicyID (from the "Protect Document" operation) is an "Output".  You do not supply a PlocyID to the operation, you can however capture one once the policy is applied to the doucment (as an output).

For the "Protect Document" operation you need to supply the "Policy Set name" (that holds the policy) and the "Policy name" (from the policy set).

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

I got it. But I'm not getting Policy name and Policy set name in the dropdown. What could be the issue?

Thanks,

Sandhya

Former Community Member

Sandhya

When a "Policy Set" is created, you need to specify users and or groups to be included as "Document Publishers".  Users specified as "Document Publishers" have permissions to apply the policies stored in the particular policy set to documents.

When you login to Workbench, you will only see policy sets (in the Protect Document operation drop lists) where the account used to login to Workbench has been identified as a "Document Publisher" in the policy set(s).

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

I logged in as a person (A) who is a Document Publisher. But person A did not create PolicySet. But when he logs in to the workbench, there nothing in the Policy Set dropdown. And there is a Red cross (error) mark for the Input

Thanks,

Sandhya

Former Community Member

Double check to make sure the "workbench" user is the exact same user as specified as a document publisher in the policy set(s).

If you have Acrobat, try to connect to the RM server to get the list of policies, log in as your User A, do you see the policy set\policies?

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

The problem is resolved. It was due to the wrong port number being used.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Sandhya