Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Drop box help, can't paste and can't bind, Help Please!

Level 1

I am attempting to create 2 drop lists which when bound together will make certain options available based upon the selection on the first box. I have read many how-to's on this but I am still lost. This is my first form in Livecycle and I really need some help.

My second problem is the second list has about 6000 options and my form doesn't show a paste button option when creating the drop list. Is there any way I can get it to show?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I think you are going about this the wrong way.

A drop down box with 6000 options isn't particularly user friendly.

Level 1

I agree, unfortunately because the form has to list all the cost centers for my company it has to be that many, that is why I was making It based of the first form like so

Cost Centers

A, b, c, d

E,f,g,h

Former Community Member

Do you have any more information?

What do you mean a paste button? Under Object>Field there is an option to paste values for drop down boxes in livecycle designer

Level 5

Hi,

As far as i know to add item to drop down you need to go to Object > Field > List Items of Drop down filed there you can find Plus symbol.

instead of adding the items manually you can add any number of options with few lines of java script.

Let me know exact requirement so that i can help you..

Thanks

Vjay