Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Developer portal reporting not working for all rooms ?

Level 4

Seeing something interesting:

In https://portal.collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/ I'm seeing reports that are generating only for rooms that were manually created ( I created them through dev portal, the rest of the rooms are dynamically created ):

Screen shot 2011-08-12 at 9.57.05 AM.png

All dynamically generated room have the following reports:

Screen shot 2011-08-12 at 9.57.01 AM.png

All manually created rooms have the following reports:

Screen shot 2011-08-12 at 9.56.54 AM.png

Alex G.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Alex,

Few things to note:

1/  Recordings that were created (and played back) pre-release will not work and will have no usage data associated with them. 

2/  "My Recording" usage shows playback usage data only (occurred during plaback of a recording).  Any usage data during the process of recording a meeting room belongs to a meeting.

Hope this helps,

Nikola

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi Alex,

I am somewhat confused as to the context of the reports.  Are you they rooms or recordings reports?  Your first picture shows "My Recordings" menu.

More detail would be welcome, how do you create dynamic rooms, how are you driving traffic through them, how long did you wait to lookup reports after creating a room etc?  Report data is not created immediately, I think there is a 5 minute wait before anything shows up in the portal.

Thanks,

Nikola

Level 4

Recorded session reports ( Dev Portal > My Recordings > Report ( button ) ).

Dynamic rooms - the process is basically keep a cache of 100 rooms, create more if we go below that number. This helps us always have enough rooms. So it's possible we've requested a room 6 months ago and it's going to be used eventually. Is it because the room was generated a while back ( since reports are showing Aug 1 - Aug 12 timeline ), while the room could have been created before that span of time ?

Those sessions were recorded yesterday so should have had plenty of time to get the data.

Thanks!

Alex G.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Alex,

Few things to note:

1/  Recordings that were created (and played back) pre-release will not work and will have no usage data associated with them. 

2/  "My Recording" usage shows playback usage data only (occurred during plaback of a recording).  Any usage data during the process of recording a meeting room belongs to a meeting.

Hope this helps,

Nikola

Level 4

Ohhh "My Recordings" shows data about the Playback usage NOT what happens during a recording. Gotcha. Thanks for the info