Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Design mode in Flash Builder 4.5

Level 2

I've seen from previous discussions that newer versions of Flash Builder wouldn't be supported in design mode because there would be too many SWCs to maintain, but I wanted to check if it'd be possible for the LCCS team to only support the current/active version of Flash Builder?

It wasn't too bad before because I had Flash Builder 4 on my old Macbook Pro. I recently bought a new Macbook Air, and I was trying to find Flash Builder 4 specifically for the purpose of being able to use design mode. I like being able to quickly mockup things in the design mode, and I've always been more visual personally (I still use the command line when I have to, but I'm a designer by nature and so I always prefer being able to visually layout my interface instead of code it out). I think it's a matter of preference, and I probably could switch to just using code, but I really liked the design mode.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be a problem, except I can't find any download links for Flash Builder 4. The only thing I can get is Flash Builder 4.5, and the design mode is not supported in that version. Would it be possible to find a download link (even for a trial) of Flash Builder <= 4.0?

0 Replies