Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

configuration settings

Level 2

Hello all,

I have done a form using LiveCycle program.

There are some text fields using the predetermined configuration. I send the same form to a different places in the world (everyone has a different language configuration).

Every place has an associated currency and locale configuration in my code.

I have a problem:

- For example, when a person in United States fills the form, the associated currency is dollar and he sends the form to me using PDF format.

- When I open the form I see a Euro symbol instead a dollar symbol.

Can I configure dinamically the language in order to see the appropiated symbol for every language?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Roberto

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Roberto,

You can set locale at the sub-form level and the object level. Have you tried setting the locale to the 'Viewer's system locale' for either a sub-form or a specific object?

Untitled.png

Steve

Level 2

Thank you Steve.

First of all, I have tested your idea and I have sent the PDF version to another countries. Now, I am waiting for news!

As you suggested, I set all objects to 'Viewer's system locale'.

Now, the correct flow will be the next:

0- I send a blank PDF form to United States.

1- In United States a determined employee will fill up all currency fields that will be showed with dollar symbol.

2- That person sends that PDF form to me via e-mail.

3- Despite of my locale configuration, I will be the values with dollar symbol (if I read the values with another symbol, the information will be incorrect).

I only see a problem...,

- I have to send a PDF to Beijing and I have to read the result with 'euros' symbol. I have placed in the root a variable in 'initialize' method that checks the locale configuration in the user. If the city is Beijing, the currency has to be 'euro' (only there is this exception).

Thanks in advance.

I'll let you know the result.

Best regards,

Roberto