Expand my Community achievements bar.

Client side caching of Mobile forms

Level 1

We have different levels and modes of cache on the LiveCycle server side to cache the prerendered and rendered mobile forms. What level of caching is available on the client side, be it desktop or mobile devices like tablets or smartphones?

Specifically, I would like to know more about:

1. Mobile form caching:

When a form gets rendered as HTML5 using a default profile, I don't see any manifest in it so I assume the application cache doesnt exist by default. Can we manually add the manifest to cache the mobile form to make it work offline on client side?

2. Data caching:

When a user fills in a mobile form using a tablet, does the user entered data get cached anywhere on the device? Or is it just the browser cache (that can be disabled)?

Thanks.

Rajesh R Kandasamy

1 Reply

Employee

App Cache manifest can be added by appending following parameter in url request:

offlineSpec=/lc/etc/clientlibs/xfaforms/manifest/lcforms.appcache

The above manifest file is default one. You can specify path to your own manifest in case you are doing customizations and adding you own scripts/image.

But that manifest should be cumulative and include entries from above default manifest file.

Regarding Data Caching, no we do not use any kind of explicit caching or local storage when form is rendered in browser.

-Deepak