Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I get respondees to pick a top three from a list of choices?

Former Community Member

Hi,

I'm responsible for writing a specification for a new product that my company are going to design.  I'm in the process of designing a form to try to get some input from as many customers as I can.

I want to ask a question where I give respondees a list of possible answers (I had envisaged using checkboxes) and I want them to pick their top three.  I don't need to know the rank, just have them choose no more and no less than 3.

Can anybody give me any pointers?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can use the scripting object that is in the form (that is where the magic is) and you can see how it is called from the code in the exclusion group objects. In the scripting object there is a function that will allow you to set the min and max that you want to allow.

paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I am pretty sure that there was a discussion of this on a blog by John Brinkman. I have the sample form that he created and have attached it here.

Also here is the blog entry (it is quite technical but the solution does function well). This is from a blog called FormFeed that I highly recommend that everyone look at.

Paul

http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2008/12/exclusion_groups_v40.html

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

The blog entry if definitely too technical for me!

The sample looks simpler to use though.  Can I simply paste parts of this into my own forms?  How do I go about changing the characteristics of the parts such as requiring respondees to pick 3 checkboxes (as opposed to 1, 2 or 3 as in the first question on the sample)?

Thanks again

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can use the scripting object that is in the form (that is where the magic is) and you can see how it is called from the code in the exclusion group objects. In the scripting object there is a function that will allow you to set the min and max that you want to allow.

paul

Former Community Member

Thanks a lot Paul, it now does just what I wanted.

Former Community Member

I was getting on really well with this however I have come up against another problem.  If I want to change the min and max number of responses by editing the script, the part of the form I have just changed becomes inactive in the pdf preview tab.

What am I doing wrong?

Korszun

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----