Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bug or user error with SharedWhiteBoard mouse cursor?

Level 2

I'm nesting an instance of the SharedWhiteBoard within another UIComponent in a Flex 4.1 web app, and i'm restricting the left/right/top/bottom of the nested SharedWhiteBoard component to fit a video area. It's working beautifully except for mouse cursor behaviors. While I can only draw/move drawn objects within the restricted area, it seems that the selection tool (crosshairs) is active outside of the component's boundary area, and prohibits the user from clicking other UI elements that I've positioned below the whiteboarding area. My current workaround is to just turn off the visibility of the whiteboard to access the controls, but I'm hoping I'm just overlooking some kind of invalidation call on the SharedWhiteBoard to make it adhere to the boundary areas.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi Robert,

Could you give us a screenshot of what you are seeing? I'm not able to reproduce your issue, but I could be doing it wrong. I tried this in ConnectNow and the selection tool mouse cursor transitions to the next area without interfering with other components.

Thanks,

JG