Expand my Community achievements bar.

Audio Video Chat Complete Example

Former Community Member

Hello, I am exploring Adobe LiveCycle Collaboration Service.

I would like to deploy complete audio, video chat example using AFCS. I could not find any readymate sample example for this. It would be great if any of you could provide the link or complete source code for it.

Thanks

Best Regards

Pradeep

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Have you looked at the sampleApps directory in the SDK install? The

defaultPods sample has Audio, Video and Chat.

Hopefully, you're going to do a little coding yourself, and not just

deploy the sample app =).

nigel

Former Community Member

Hi Nigel,  thanks for your prompt response. I have tried the default pods exampl. The video works for both the users. However audio is working only for one user,

What do I need to change to make it work for both users?

What I also need to change so that I can show the users name entered by user instead of appending seuqential numbers in my name.  I assume that other users who wants to use this video chat does not need to be registered with AFCS.

A littel more advanced example could be helfpul for everyone who wants to explore AFCS. As the Audio Video chat with couple of users are basic thing.

I would appreciate if you could provide some insights to fix the audio. I chechked the flash player settings and there was no problem in it

Thanks

Best Regards

Pradeep

Former Community Member

Audio should be working fine. In Audio, you don't get to hear your own audio whereas you can see your camera. That’s the difference.

For the user name part, you need to look at the login example. In that example, users give their names while they enter as a guest and you have their names in that case. And as they are guests, they need not to be registered with AFCS.

You need to do a little more exploring within examples and reading docs.

You can add SimpleChat, Note and other stuff directly or build complex things yourself.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

I tried the default pod example. I can hear not the voice of other participants.. It is clear to me that i will not hear my voice. But I should be able to hear voice of others.

Is the defaultpod.mxml is one way audio example?   What can I change in the code below so that it can be used for video chat? What do I need to change so that every one can hear the sound of each other during video chat?  In the current example, Everyone can see the video of each other but not the audio. Do I need to make any change in the in the room settings?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application
xmlns:mx="
http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
layout="absolute"
horizontalAlign="center"
backgroundGradientAlphas="[1.0, 1.0]"
backgroundGradientColors="[#000000, #000000]"
xmlns:rtc="AfcsNameSpace">

<!--
  You would likely use external authentication here for a deployed application;
  you would certainly not hard code Adobe IDs here.
-->
<rtc:AdobeHSAuthenticator
  id="auth"
  userName="AdobeIDusername"
  password="AdobeIDpassword"  />

<rtc:ConnectSessionContainer
roomURL="YourPersonalRoomUrl"
id="cSession"
authenticator="{auth}">

<mx:VBox borderStyle="solid"
        paddingTop="10"
        paddingBottom="10"
        paddingLeft="5"
        paddingRight="5"
        width="382"
        horizontalCenter="0"
        top="5"
        backgroundColor="#767676"
        cornerRadius="15"
        borderThickness="3" height="640" horizontalAlign="left">
      <mx:Label text="Simple Pods Sample" color="#FAFCFC" fontWeight="bold" width="340" textAlign="center" fontSize="12"/>
      <mx:Panel width="365" height="97" layout="absolute" title="Current room users" color="#000000">
      <mx:List
   width="100%" height="100%"
   dataProvider="{cSession.userManager.userCollection}"
   labelField="displayName" color="#000000" fontWeight="bold"/>
      </mx:Panel>
      <mx:Panel width="365" height="200" layout="absolute" title="Default WebCamera" color="#000000" backgroundColor="#000000">
   <rtc:WebCamera width="100%" height="150"/>
      <rtc:AudioPublisher id="audioPub"/><rtc:AudioSubscriber/>
  <mx:Button label="Audio"
   toggle="true" id="audioButt" color="#000000"
   click="(audioButt.selected) ? audioPub.publish() : audioPub.stop()"/>
      <mx:Panel width="365" height="235" layout="absolute" title="Default Simple Chat" color="#000000">
   <rtc:SimpleChat width="100%" height="100%"/>

</mx:VBox>

</rtc:ConnectSessionContainer>
</mx:Application>

I would appreciate if any of you can help me here.

Cheers

Pradeep

Level 2

I have had some trouble with the AudioPublisher "stepping" on the microphoneManager.micIndex on publish. It's only happened reliably to me on Mac OS based computers, but this may help you in your endeavors.

Basically this code creates a list of usable microphones on your PC. When you click on one of the listed microphones it passes that index number into the microphoneManager.micIndex for the AudioPublisher with the ID "audioPub". This ensures that a microphone is being published. It may or may not help in your scenario.

Good luck!

-David