Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Allow reader users to save pdf form with data

Level 1

I want to create a form that an adobe reader user can open and save a copy as a pdf with the data in the form. I know that requires reader extensions - what i can't seem to figure out is if I already have this included and how to do it. I have LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 - which is the download I end up at when searching LC with reader extensions.

Does anyone have instructions on how to do this or know whether that functionality is available in the version I'm running?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can add the Reader Extesnion right to save the form with data locally in two different ways.

1. In Acrobat Pro open the form and under the Advanced/Extend Features in Adobe Reader will walk you through a wizard. Once the wixard is finished, save the file and use that one. This technique is limited to 500 users by licence.

2. LiveCycle Reader Extensions Server has a User Interface that allwos you to pick the rights you want. There are no luser imitations to this option.

If you do not have either, option 1 is a lot simpler. You can download a trial copy of Acrobat Pro and try it.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can add the Reader Extesnion right to save the form with data locally in two different ways.

1. In Acrobat Pro open the form and under the Advanced/Extend Features in Adobe Reader will walk you through a wizard. Once the wixard is finished, save the file and use that one. This technique is limited to 500 users by licence.

2. LiveCycle Reader Extensions Server has a User Interface that allwos you to pick the rights you want. There are no luser imitations to this option.

If you do not have either, option 1 is a lot simpler. You can download a trial copy of Acrobat Pro and try it.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you so much. I felt like I was going in circles.

Level 1

What do you do when you have Adobe Acrobat Pro and the Advanced menu is not displaed?????

Level 1

What do you do when you are editing the form in Acrobat Pro X and there is no Advanced menu?

Former Community Member

Open your PDF in Acrobat X.

In the newer version of Acrobat, you use File>Save As>Reader Extended PDF>Enable Additional Features.

Good Luck,

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----