Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle Workspace "Save as Draft" option

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have XDP form designed using Adobe Form Designer 9.0.0.2 which has WSDL Data connections to fetch data from database to populate the form. This form has to be displayed in workspace for completion process with Reader Extension (Database and Web service Connectivity).  But when I display this form with Reader Extension in workspace I can see only complete button, save and offline button as not available.

I have a requirement to complete the form to initiate the Process – by pressing complete button which is working fine.

But to save the form to the initiator’s draft folder there is no save button available how to enable “save as draft” option for the above mentioned form.

Regards,

Chalukya.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

What is your submit type set to on the form's submit button? Save As Draft only available if the submit type is XDP (and maybe XML, but definitely not if set to PDF).

Or if you used the Reader Submit option in the UserService definition, then it must be set to XDP.

Former Community Member

Hi Jon,

Thanks a lot for your responce.

I am submitting my form as XDP.

Let me brief you –

When I am submitting my form as XDP without any Reader Extensions Applied to it then I

can see all three buttons : Complete, Save and Offline, in Workspace.

But as I apply Reader Extension (Database and Web service connectivity) and submit as XDP

then I can see only Complete button and not Save and Offline buttons.

Regards,

Chalukya.

Former Community Member

Finally solved this problem.. I had issue in my Reader Extensions..

Thanks all..

Chalukya

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I have been using a PDF form in which I have Submit button type as "XDP". For some forms, when I open the form in workspace and do some operations on fields in form,then by clicking "Save" button I could able to get the saved data as it is in Drafts folder, But for some forms, Thsi does not happens. the form gets saved only with the initial loaded content. If I do some changes in data, I could not able to retain the same in drafts folder. Why this happens..

Can anybody clearly tel how to use, configure this SAVE button?

@chalukya, Wats reg that reader extension?

what changes that U made in ur form!