Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

addInstance not working after Reader Extend document.

Former Community Member

Hi All.

I have a form which uses instanceManager.addInstance(1) on a button click to ad an subform instance. When I save the form in Designer as a pdf document and then open it with Reader, the script works 100% and the subform creates a new instance everytime I click on the button.

Now when I run the form through my server which ads Reader Extentions to it and renders it back to the browser, the click on the button does nothing. All othe reader extentions works but for some reason, the addInstance does nothing. Even my submit button back to the server works.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Make sure your form is a dynamic form not a static form.

Go to File > Form Properties > Defaults tab > Server  > Ensure that "PDF Render Format" option is set to

"Dynamic XML Form" and Preview  tab> Ensure that the "Preview Adobe XML Form As:" option is set to "Dynamic XML Form"

Hope it helps!

HD

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Make sure your form is a dynamic form not a static form.

Go to File > Form Properties > Defaults tab > Server  > Ensure that "PDF Render Format" option is set to

"Dynamic XML Form" and Preview  tab> Ensure that the "Preview Adobe XML Form As:" option is set to "Dynamic XML Form"

Hope it helps!

HD

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----