Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Accessing SOAP Web Services: Running on Acrobat 9, But NOT on Adobe Reader 9.

Level 4

Hi All,

I am using webservice to populate form control. It is working fine in Acrobat 9 but When I am opening form in Adobe Reader 9 its NOT WORKING. Its niether giving any error nor any respone. Do Adobe Reader need some extra code to access/run web services or where I am wrong? Please help.

Thanks.

-

Abhinav

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Anhinav,

Because reader is not "extended" Web Services will not work on Reader.  They do however (as you've noted) work in Acrobat, which is "extended".

To make web services work in Reader, you will need to purchase the LiveCycle Reader Extensions.

Hope that helps.

Jay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Anhinav,

Because reader is not "extended" Web Services will not work on Reader.  They do however (as you've noted) work in Acrobat, which is "extended".

To make web services work in Reader, you will need to purchase the LiveCycle Reader Extensions.

Hope that helps.

Jay

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----