Expand my Community achievements bar.

2 questions about building forms

Level 1
  1. I would like to change "Please fill out the following form" which appears when the form is opened in adobe reader, to "Please fill out the following form. You cannot save data typed into this form. Please print out the completed form if you would like a copy for your records. "
  2. I am designing a contract to be put online which is 7 pages long. What i want to do is when anyone tries to print it only the last 3 pages are printed and also show up in pagination. Can this be done? I am using adobe life cycle 8.2.1
2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

In relation to Q1, I don't think you have much control over the presence, colour or content of the banner in Reader.

Q2 can be dealt with by naming each of the 7 pages (e.g. page1, page2, etc.). Also set the pagination of each page to start on the master page.

Then in a field set the prePrint event to:

page1.presence = "hidden";

page2.presence = "hidden";

page3.presence = "hidden";

page4.presence = "hidden";

Setting the presence to "invisible" will not work, as this will print 4 blank pages.Hidden excludes the pages from the form altogether.

In the postPrint event have:

page1.presence = "visible";

page2.presence = "visible";

page3.presence = "visible";

page4.presence = "visible";

This will work irrespective of the method of printing (button or menu command).

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Hello Dude,

For the first question probably you add a small script in docReady Event at the root level.

xfa.host.messageBox("You cant save the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", "Message",1,0)

Parameter3

0 (Error) - This is the  default.
1 (Warning)
2 (Question)
3 (Status

Parameter4

0 (OK) - This is the  default.
1 (OK, Cancel)
2 (Yes, No)
3 (Yes, No, Cancel)

Hope it woks.

Regards,