Expand my Community achievements bar.

Subform -> XML: LiveCycle Designer 7.x

Former Community Member
I have a problem populating part of my dynamic/interactive sub forms in to a XML-message. The sub form uses setInstances and is based on a XSD schema. When I bind the different elements to the 'data view' elements it seems to reject the [*] occurrences, i.e. family[*].name (when physical entering the [*] in the 'object'-'binding' the data view binding symbol disappear. Why?). As a result the send button and the attached xml-message dont contain the family.name element (many family occurrences).

Any idea how to solve the problem?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
It's kind of hard to understand the hierarchy of your form without seeing it, and I don't understand what you mean by "entering the [*] in the 'object'-'binding' the 'data view' binding symbol disappear".

But typically you would do something like binding the repeating subform that contains the name field to $record.family[*] (make sure the subform is set up to repeat for multiple data items) and then bind the name field to name (relative expression based on what the parent subform is bound to).

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
To simplify the question. I have a multiple form that works fine in the acrobat view (pdf) but when I use the submit by email button and send the form data as xml the multiple occurrences will not be included in the xml. I only get the first occurrence of the subform (i.e cylinder[1].id, and not the cylinder[1..n].id)

My subform i set to position content and binding to repeat subform for each data item with many occurrences. The default binding for each element is set to cylinder[*].id etc. The binding and data elements are based on a xsd schema.

I hope this can clearify my problem.

Former Community Member
Are you sure your schema supports multiple instances of cylinder? I've seen it before where a form was set up just fine, and even though in acrobat you'll have multiple subforms, if your schema doesn't allow multiple instances of the node when the data is exported there will only be one.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support