Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multilines (stay in box?)

Former Community Member
I have a textfield over 2 lines. When I limit it to 20 characters there is no problem, as long as I don't press a couple of 'enter's.

I don't want scrollbars, cause I want to print the document. So I want to disable the scrollbars. Is this possible?
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Yes, if you do a search for Disable Scrolling you'll find a script for it. Your best bet would be to uncheck limit characters and check the multi-line option. This will allow users to hit Enter to move to the next line and limit the text to the space available in the field.

Former Community Member
I can't find a Disable Scrolling script. I neet to check the limit characters, cause I'm working with a barcode.

Former Community Member
In the scripting guide I found doNotScroll, but I can't set it on any textfield

Former Community Member
If the name of your form is form1, and the subform is named subform, and you want to limit the scrolling of a text field named tf, you would put this script into the intitialize event of the field using JavaScript:

var myDoc = event.target;

var f = myDoc.getField("form1[0].subform[0].tf[0]");

f.doNotScroll = true;

Former Community Member
It still doesn't work. I have LiveCycle 7.1 and reader 7.08.

I saved the file as a dynamic form and I use javascript.

Former Community Member
Dynamic forms are different, try putting this script into the docReady event of the field you want to limit the scrolling on.

var acroSOM = this.somExpression.substr(15, this.somExpression.length - 1);

var acroField = event.target.getField(acroSOM);

acroField.doNotScroll = true;

Former Community Member
I still have a small question. Why did you take a subtring, and what is the 15 standing for. if I try it with another number, like 14, the script also works.