Expand my Community achievements bar.

Including Username Information in Form

Level 10
Based on the huge success earlier, here is a problem I posted a while back...

I need to include User Information in the Designer Form each time the form is printed out. For example:

"Printed by Joe Bloggs on the 23/11/2005 at 10:32am"

"Printed by Jane Smith on the 24/11/2005 at 3:45pm"

The date I can do, however I cannot find a way to to get Designer to insert the user information of the person actually viewing the document or printing the document at any particular time. I need to do this, so that we can track who has printed out the document.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Niall
2 Replies

Former Community Member
You would need to make the user name available as data somehow in the form as it has no way to query the outside world. What is this user name? Ie: a user name they use to log into a portal? the windows user name?

Either way you'd probably have to use a server application that will get this user name and merge it into the form as data (you could use the LiveCycle Forms API for that).

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Level 10
Thanks Chris, Yes it was the Windows User information I needed. I am not quite at the Server stage yet, so I will work around it.

If you get a chance, I am having two issues with Designer 7.0

1) It is crashing alot when designing the forms (10 to 20 times a day) and;

2) I have set up the forms as Dynamic, however when I save them they are saved as Static. I keep having to remember to do a File / Save As to force the Dynamic format. I have looked through the help file and I have Dynamic the default!!!

Any help gratefully received. Niall