Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form renders with no data

Former Community Member
Hi, I'm trying to render a form as a PDF, but it renders it without the user entered data (it renders only the blank fields).

I've been looking at other similar threads that deal with this issue, but all my settings seem to be valid according to them.

Since the form template renders fine, I suppose the problem is when I'm trying to passover the data variable (i named it formvar) to the render form QPAC.

I have this statement on the Input XML data field:

{$ serialize(/process_data/formvar/form-data/data/*,true) $}

Any ideas?

Thank you.
4 Replies

Level 9
Hi

A couple of things you can try:

1. Try assigning serialize(/process_data/formvar/form-data/data/*,true) to a String variable (using SetValue), and then either VariableLogger or DocumentExport to check that the data is actually there.

2. Try using RenderPlus, which takes a slightly different approach to Rendering, and may (or may not) give you better results.

3. Try turning up the logging level in log4j config file to DEBUG, and see whether you get any information from Render.

You can find all the above QPACs at:

http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

Good luck...

Howard

Former Community Member
Thanks Howard,

Doing a little more troubleshooting, I found that when I render it as a form, the data appears, but when I render it as a document, the data is lost.

Former Community Member
Hi Daeveed,

I too was running into this issue and with some help from Adobe, I have solved it on my system. In the RenderForm QPAC, add the option RenderAtClient=false. This will cause the form to render on the server and you will get your form with data as a static PDF and not a form.

Dave