Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dropdown lists

Former Community Member
My situation, I have 2 dropdown lists on a form. Let's say dropdown #1 contains 2 options "receiving" and "shipping". I want dropdown #2 to give me a specific set of items to choose from depending on my choice in dropdown #1.

For example: I select "shipping" in dropdown #1 and I will be able to select from either FedEx, UPS or US mail, however, if I select "receiving" in dropdown #1 I will be able to select from either "DHL" or "Bob's Delivery" in dropdown #2.

Do I have to run a script in my form to achieve what I'm after here? If so thats cool, I'll hunt around and learn how to do that. I just thought I would ask before I sent myself on a wild goose chase.

Thanks,

Duane
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Look in the samples folder in this forum, the topic named "multiple drop down lists". I have seen other similar things around, just keep looking. Look at the developer center as well.

Former Community Member
I have created 2 documents A & B. In document A I have a drop down list that has 20 names in it. I realize I want this drop down list in document "B". I tried copying/pasting and cutting/pasting, but I can't get field size to match. I have tried resizing and all that, do just have to recreate the drop down list?

Former Community Member
Lisa,

One option is to drag the custom drop down field you created into the "custom" tab of the "library" window in Designer. You then can use it on other forms by selecting it from the library.

I am not sure what you mean by resizing the field. If you copy/paste, you shouldn't need to resize. But, since you are having problems with that, just use the "layout" window and manually adjust the size.

Hope this helps.

amanda