Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designing Form Template

Former Community Member
Our company just purchased CS2 with the expressed intent of creating interactive order forms. Unfortunately, we do not have reference books or users guides for any of the software packages. I've been asked to create an order form template with fillable "quantity" fields. This template will be used to create forms that contain data from an ODBC data source. The end result should be customers who can view these files via Reader, fill in the form, and submit via email.

Unfortunately, I am not a designer and I have no experience in scripting. Does anyone have a suggestion of tutorials or instruction on how I can accomplish this? I have no idea where to start on this project.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
A great place to start would be the samples that come with Form Designer. There's a sample called Purchse Order that has a lot in common with what you're going to create.

There is a tutorial that comes with Designer as well that has you creating a form like this from scratch. The window that appears when you launch Designer has a "QuickStart Tutorials" link that you can click to take you to the tutorials - Purchse Order is one of the tutorials.

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
I, too, am new to the Designer software and have looked at the various templates that ship with Acrobat/Designer. Does anybody know of any free downloadable templates. I am redesigning our employment application and it just seems as though someone probably has one out there to tweak.