Expand my Community achievements bar.

Checks or Crosses

Former Community Member
We have a form standard where the field value that the end user fills out is in blue font. Field labels, calculated fields, or static text are in black font. On a check box or radio button field, how can you show the label text as black font and the check or cross as blue font? Right now, both the text and check or cross is in black font. Thanks.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
It looks like you'll have to do this directly in the XML as the UI doesn't allow you to modify the font of anything but the caption for a check box. <br /><br />Here's how:<br /><br />- In the body page tab select the check box<br />- Click the XML Source tab (if you don't see it go to View->XML Source)<br />- Find the <font> tag, it should be directly underneath the closing of the </ui> tag. Don't mistake this one for the <font> tag inside the <caption> tag.<br />- It should look like this: <font typeface="Myriad Pro"/><br />- Replace that with:<br /><br /><font typeface="Myriad Pro"><br /> <fill><br /> <color value="0,0,255"/><br /> </fill><br /></font><br /><br />- Click the body page tab and select Yes<br />- That's it, you can test it in PDF Preview.<br /><br />Chris<br />Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Chris...Come back and finish your recommendation.

Former Community Member
Wow, that's really odd. I'll try this again:<br /><br />"It looks like you'll have to do this directly in the XML as the UI doesn't allow you to modify the font of anything but the caption for a check box.<br /><br />Here's how:<br /><br />- In the body page tab select the check box<br />- Click the XML Source tab (if you don't see it go to View->XML Source)<br />- Find the tag, it should be directly underneath the closing of the </ui> tag. Don't mistake this one for the tag inside the <caption> tag.<br />- It should look like this:<br /><font typeface="Myriad Pro"/><br /><br />- Change that to:<br /><br /><font typeface="Myriad Pro"><br /><fill><br /><color value="0,0,255"/><br /></fill><br /></font><br /><br />- click the Body page tab and select yes.<br /><br />That should do it. You could also drag the check box afterwards to the custom component tab so you can just drag and drop check boxes with black caption and blue X's from then on."<br /><br />Chris<br />Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Arg, obviously the forum software won't let me make this post including the necessary XML tags to explain this, so here's what I've been trying to type attached in a text file.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Let's try this a different way. Here's the XML language for a standard check box.

Check Box

Please modify so that the caption text is black font, the background is in white, and the "X" value is blue font. Thanks.