Expand my Community achievements bar.

ARES on Rights Apply

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have an xdp (dynamic PDF of the same xdp) which is having the below code and a web service connection, everything works fine but ARES fails to apply the rights whether using ARES web interface or using java code.

code on a text box initialization

xfa.connectionSet.myDC.execute(0); (if i comment this line everything work well but can't get the data from web service.)

errors we get are below

error while using web interface is attached.

error while using java code:

2006-07-21 15:29:38,410 ERROR [com.adobe.document.PDFManipulation] Service PDFManipulation: Native process (PID=20968) $JBOSS_HOME/server/all/svcnative/PDFManipulation/bin/PDFManipulation.exe terminated abnormally with error code 129

2006-07-21 15:29:38,480 INFO [STDOUT] org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: Maybe

2006-07-21 15:29:38,481 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jacorb.orb.giop.ReplyPlaceholder.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

2006-07-21 15:29:38,482 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jacorb.orb.ReplyReceiver.getReply(Unknown Source)

2006-07-21 15:29:38,482 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke_internal(Unknown Source)

2006-07-21 15:29:38,482 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke(Unknown Source)

2006-07-21 15:29:38,482 INFO [STDOUT] at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457)

2006-07-21 15:29:38,482 INFO [STDOUT] at com.adobe.document.pdf._PDFFactoryStub.openPDF(_PDFFactoryStub.java:20)

Appreciate any help in this regard.

Thank you.

Praveen
14 Replies

Former Community Member
I am using

Designer 7.1

ARES: 7.1

FS: 7.1

Thanx

Praveen

Former Community Member
Try wrapping your execute() call in an app.setTimeOut() call like this:

app.setTimeOut("xfa.connectionSet.myDC.execute(0);", 500);

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

Tried your suggestion and also few more twicks but all in vain.

Execute method does not work at all, If I use setTimeOut.

I neither get a hit on my WS nor does it return anything other than object timeout.

Now, I really dont know what should I do, as my project delivery date is approaching and I dont have any solutions for this problem.

May I please request you to let me know if there are any know issues with ARES or FS on using connectionSet.execute method?

Request and appreciate any helps in resolving this problem.

Thank you.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Community Member
Yes there are, if you call the execute() method in a start up event in your form RE will fail to be able to open it. The workaround is to wrap it in an app.setTimeOut() like I mentioned.

Are you getting any errors in the JavaScript console (CTRL-J) after adding the script?

Chris

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply.

I am not getting any errors if I wrap the execute method in app.setTimeOut but nothing happens at all, I tried to increase/decrease the timeout period still no hope.

Thank you.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Community Member
Hmm.. I'm not sure, it shouldn't do that. Are you using Acrobat or Reader to test the form? If it's Reader have you applied the usage rights yet? If not then that behavior is normal as it won't make a web service call until the rights are applied.

If you can put the form up online somewhere I'll take a quick look and see if I can see the problem.

Chris

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

I am using Reader 7.0.5 and have applied the rights but still no luck.

You may want to download the form (xdp, dynamic pdf & rights applied PDF) from below location.

http://www.arteconsciente.com/pct/WS-trial.zip

Thank you.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Community Member
Ok, I've attached a working version of your PDF. I changed the script to store the return values of the setTimeOut() calls in variables. The reasoning for this is discussed in the Acrobat JavaScript Reference and quoted below. The attached PDF does not have usage rights applied to it yet.

> The return value of this method must be held in a JavaScript variable. > Otherwise, the timeout object is subject to garbage-collection, which > would cause the clock to stop.

Chris

Adobe Enteprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

Still no luck :(.

I applied (WS/DB) rights and opened the rights applied pdf.

Its not working at all. My WS is not getting hit.

i tried putting an execute button to call the WS but no result.

Thank you.

Regards,

Praveen

p.thakur@zensar.com

Former Community Member
Hmm.. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you, your form works fine for me (in so far that I can test that Acrobat tries to connect, since the WS is not visible from here). Does it not work on all machines for you, or just the one?

Chris

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

It does not work on any machines. If I run the same pdf through Designer without wrapping it in setTimeOut its work well.

BTW, I dont have Acrobat on my machine rather I have Reader 7.0.5

Thank you.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

Please help me if you dont mind.

Thank you.

Praveen

Former Community Member
Try choosing the following options in the LCRE UI:

"Basic form fill-in"

"Import and export form data"

"Database and web service connectivity"

When I choose those 3 options, along with anything else I've mentioned in this thread, your form works fine for me. If it still doesn't work after that then I'm out of ideas and really don't know why it won't work for you.

Chris

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I'm having the similar "org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE" exception occasionally when calling some PDFManipulationAPI in EJB.

Hope some kind soul to shed some light on this.

If dont mind, here is my situation:

1) installation in order: AFS7.1, ARES7.0.2, DS7.1 under JBoss 3.2.5

* using PDFManipulationAPI.jar from DS7.1

2) wrote a simple extract signature ejb, similar to the samples from

"livecycle_documentsecurity_7_0_samples_1_0.zip" downloaded from

adobe website.

3) Occcasionally it runs perfectly but sometimes I will get:

========================[edited for brevity]================

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: Maybe

at org.jacorb.orb.giop.ReplyPlaceholder.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

at org.jacorb.orb.ReplyReceiver.getReply(Unknown Source)

at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke_internal(Unknown Source)

at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457)

at com.adobe.document.pdf._SignatureFieldStub.getSignatureInfo(_SignatureFieldStub.java:76)

========================[edited for brevity]========================

4) However, I notice that when I manually kill the PDFManipulation.exe

in task manager, then try to run my ejb or adobe sample, everything

back to normal.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Regards,

lflim