Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adding a node through XPath

Former Community Member
I need to add an item into my XML.

user1

to

user1
user2

I thought I read where I could just set a value to the new index: Approvers/Approver[2]/ApproverID="user2"

That is not working though.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Nope the Approver[2] node must exist for that to happen. You can replace nodes that exist so if you changed the Approvers node with the new XML then you would get your desired result.

Former Community Member
I need the old data plus the new so I end up with the same problem creating the new XML. My work around is to do it with Strings then replace, but it is messy.

Level 6
Hi,

I need something similar: I have a document var with a xml document. I need to take part of that xml (a specific nodeset) and add it to a string.

any ideas to acomplish this?

thank you

Level 10
First you want to put the content of the document into a XML var so you can use xPath.

You can use xPath to get to the node you want (ex. /process_data/myXMLVar/Root/Customers).

Then use the serialize function from the xPath editor (under Misc) to convert the nodes into a string:

serialize(/process_data/myXMLVar/Root/Customers)

Finally you can use the concat function from the xPath editor (under string) to merge two strings together:

concat(/process_data/@myStringVar, serialize(/process_data/myXMLVar/Root/Customers))

Jasmin

Level 10
I don't understand your question.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
A node can be added to an XML instance using XSL in an XSLT Transform service, also.

My sample process uses two input process variables:

1. 'inputXml' of type xml

user1

2. 'approverId' of type string

foobar

I define the following XSLT template which consumes the input process variable 'approverId':

ApproverID
{$ /process_data/@approverId $}

The result of the applying the XSL is as follows:

user1

foobar

The process could be designed to iterate over the input XML and the XSL.

Steve