Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can implement long running jobs using sequences?

Level 3

Hi Community,

I´d like to know how to approach to follow to implement long running jobs. I need to get recommendations for every profile in Adobe Campaign Standard and to do that i use an Adobe I/O Runtime action to write them to a file of recommendations. Locally works perfect but the time used for 10000 profiles is 47 minutes. 

Taking into account that max timeout for an action is 30 minutes (1.800.000 milliseconds) i think i can use sequences to start a new action when the first one is finished. To do that i need to catch the timeout error but until now i didn´t figure out how to do it. If you can guide me i´d really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Built one action that works like a queue and another async action to update the file. By default you can have concurrency of 200 activations for one action. This way you can handle 200 profile at the same time and you don't have to wait until 1 profile is finished before handling the next one.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Built one action that works like a queue and another async action to update the file. By default you can have concurrency of 200 activations for one action. This way you can handle 200 profile at the same time and you don't have to wait until 1 profile is finished before handling the next one.