Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

what are the list of special characters that should not be added in CSV file

Level 2

Hi All

In AEP i am trying to ingest the CSV file from SFTP and i am getting corrupt data error PFB screenshot 

gowthamr123_0-1707209897299.png

Using Error diagnostics preview   i have find out the exact issue and resolved it.

Here i need to know  is there any list of special characters that need to considered and removed  while uploading the file .

Please any one help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Gowthamr123

For csv, in general you need to avoid the character which you are using as delimiter, and the single row should not be split into multiple rows, meaning there should not be any enter character in between the data of a single record.

--ssj

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@gowthamr123 I realise I'm not answering your question but in case that helps, I found this data prep documentation:

'Escape special characters'
See https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-prep/home.html?lang=en#escape-speci...

Administrator

@gowthamr123 Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.

Level 2

Hi Nimashajain

it is not relevant to my query ,Can you pls help me with any other resolution.

Thanks in advance

Administrator

Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Gowthamr123

For csv, in general you need to avoid the character which you are using as delimiter, and the single row should not be split into multiple rows, meaning there should not be any enter character in between the data of a single record.

--ssj