Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using batch audiences in AJO after export job

Level 2

Hi,

I have scheduled my batch segmentation job at 6:00 am, and the export job finishes at around 11:00 am. I have some batch audiences that I use through the different destinations, and also AJO. I know that that kind of audience will take all the information ingested before 6:00 am and then be updated as soon as the export job ends. My question is if I had to rerun a dataset ingestion while or after the batch segmentation job had started, is there any way I can also update that audience with the last ingestion to use it in Adobe Journey Optimizer?

I understand that the nature of the platform is to separate it into batch and streaming. However, there are some fixes that I need to make during the morning and I need some batch audiences to get updated during the same day for using it in AJO or any other destination.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Using Adobe RTCDP for a same day batch activation is not ideal as the batch segmentation does have a eta as to when the batch job will complete. 

An audience used within AJO will use the segmentation qualification of realized or exited.  This is results of either a batch evaluation or data which has been streamed into the Adobe Experience platform.  

If you re-run the data after the batch ingestion then the batch segmentation job the segment results will be based upon the prior data batch ingestion.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Using Adobe RTCDP for a same day batch activation is not ideal as the batch segmentation does have a eta as to when the batch job will complete. 

An audience used within AJO will use the segmentation qualification of realized or exited.  This is results of either a batch evaluation or data which has been streamed into the Adobe Experience platform.  

If you re-run the data after the batch ingestion then the batch segmentation job the segment results will be based upon the prior data batch ingestion.

Community Advisor

Hey @renatoz28 

You can try running an on-demand segment evaluation job using the API endpoint. Please bear in mind that the evaluation can take up to 7 hours depending on various factors but if it does finish in time for you and the export job runs post the evaluation is complete, your segment will reflect the latest profiles.

Hope this is what you were trying to address.

Cheers,

Abhinav